Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Leonid Afremov: Fall Park


Title: Fall Park
Artist: Leonid Afremov
Medium: Oil Paint on Canvas 

Leonid Afremov is a Russian–Israeli modern impressionist artist. He spent years perfecting his own technique, which is using a painting knife to put the paint on the canvas.Leonid is originally from Soviet Russia but suffered oppression for many years. He and his wife eventually moved to Israel in 1990 and finally to the US in 2002. After having some difficulty selling his paintings due to limited audiences of his neighborhoods he was introduced to the internet. His sales immediately took off. I chose this painting because I love how this technique looks on the canvas. The way that the colors sit on top of one another and create contrast in some area's is what I think drew me to this painting in the first place. The trees are separate but put together yet the ground is blended. All of his paintings have this element to it and I could have posted every single one. They are all beautiful. Plus...I love the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment