Friday, November 30, 2012

Almond Blossoms

This painting was illustrated by Vincent Van Gogh. The medium utilized was Oil on Canvas it was conducted February 1890 . This painting currently resides at Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. This painting was created when Vincent Van Gogh got word from his brother that his nephew had been born and his name is Vincent Willem. Van Gogh made this painting to be placed above his brother and his brothers wife bed to symbolize new life. He chose an almond tree that blooms early in southern region which announces the coming of spring.  I like this painting because I love the way trees look and I really would love to be able to draw a tree so detailed. The story behind this drawing makes me love it even more. I like the usage of color and I like the shades of blue that were utilized.

No comments:

Post a Comment