Monday, September 17, 2012

A young girl with a basket of flower

This is a painting of Etienne Adolphe Piot, a French Academic Classical artist who was born in 1850 and who died in 1910. They call him the painter of female's faces. The girls in his painting were full of sentimentality.  This painting is made of Oil on Canvas.
What first caught my eyes about this painting are the flowers which look as if they are fading away. Also what interested me in this painting was the brightness that is emphasizing the little girl and the background of
that painting. The background looks like as if there is not only darkness but also a bright fire behind the little girl. Therefore, to me this painting shows an angelic little girl full of brightness and innocence and behind her is obscurity and danger. If I had to rename this painting I would call it, the angel at the gate of hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment